Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is a secure version of File Transfer Protocol (FTP) that enables data transfer over a Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.
SFTP connector allows the downloading of source files and uploading of target files directly to/from the SFTP repository. The connector uses the SFTP API to implement the integration.
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository.
- Set up the Automation Widget to allow Submitters to add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation (APC) to have inwhatlanguage automatically create new projects when a change in the last modified date is detected for monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs. No files are imported when a folder is monitored.
- This connector supports absolute path setting.
- Set up Continuous Jobs to have inwhatlanguage monitor selected files for changes.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have inwhatlanguage notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
No changes are required.