Ultimate and Enterprise editions
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
The File Transfer Protocol is a network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and a server on a computer network. FTP connector allows the downloading of source files and uploading of target files directly to/from the FTP server.
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository.
- Set up the Automation Widget to allow Submitters to add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation (APC) to have Inwhatlanguage automatically create new projects when a change in file size is detected in monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs. All files are imported when a folder is monitored.
- Use the Git connector if you need to monitor an entire subdirectory.
- This connector supports absolute path setting. Target translation files can be stored only in the same branch as the source file.
- Set up Continuous Jobs to have Inwhatlanguage monitor selected files for changes.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Inwhatlanguage notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
FTP Server Settings
No changes are required.